Director Erica Whyman will take Shakespeare's tragic romance on tour in early 2019.
Our production of Romeo and Juliet, featuring Bally Gill and Karen Fishwick as the star-crossed lovers, is to tour early next year.
The show has received strong reviews for its current run in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, ending 21 September, and will transfer to the Barbican in London between 2 November and 19 January. The tour will feature the same professional cast but will also use young people from the different regions to perform as the Chorus.
The dates and venues for the 2019 tour are:
- Theatre Royal, Norwich, 29 January - 2 February
- Newcastle Theatre Royal, 5-9 February
- Alhambra Theatre, Bradford, 12-16 February
- Nottingham Theatre Royal, 19-23 February
- Grand Theatre Blackpool, 26 February - 2 March
- New Theatre, Cardiff, 5-9 March
- Theatre Royal, Glasgow, 19-23 March
Tickets for these performances will go on sale direct from the tour venues, from June (except Blackpool). You can also still buy tickets for performances in Stratford and London.