The Swirl, our pop-up performance space, is back for the summer, plus free games and activities outside the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
Come out and play this weekend as our free games and activities return to the Bancroft Terrace for the summer.
Visitors will be able to take part in free interactive activities in front of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre every day throughout the holidays, as we bring the inside of the theatre out onto the terrace:
- Play Montagues v Capulets table football
- Create your own sound effects
- Practise selling tickets at our mock Box Office
- Follow the theatre trail to create your very own play
Performances in The Swirl
The Swirl pop-up performance space is also reopening in July, with events every weekend over the summer.
On Saturdays, storytellers take over for a series of short performances:
- The Crick Crack Club bring their stories of magic and adventure to The Swirl on 20 July, 3 August, 17 August and 24 August
- The rib-tickling trickery of Period Prestidigitation by Jones and Barnard plays on 27 July
- Peablossom Cabaret create a new improvised musical for each audience on 10 August
- Balloonatic will perform The Bonkers Balloon Show on 31 August
On Sundays, come and see one of our family-friendly shows inspired by Shakespeare:
- Though She be but Little, She is Fierce on 21 July and 28 July
- As You Vibe It on 4 August and 18 August
- Bottom's Up! on 11 August and 25 August
- Weirdo Sister on 1 September
Activities and performances are free but may need to be booked in advance. See our Events page for full listings and details.