Find out how we celebrated Shakespeare’s legacy and transported 732 costumes, 10 prosthetic noses and 1 fake roast chicken half way around the world…
We’ve released a book packed with photos and stories from behind the scenes, giving an insight into what we did throughout 2016 to mark 400 years since Shakespeare’s death. The year included:
- International tour of King & Country: Shakespeare’s Great Cycle of Kings, including our first ever major tour to China
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: A Play for the Nation toured the UK with a company of professional actors working alongside local amateurs.
- Shakespeare’s birthday was commemorated by an extravaganza that celebrated Shakespeare's words and his enduring influence on all performance art forms and was broadcast live on BBC 2.
- We reopened The Other Place
- Refurbished the Swan Wing and opened our first permanent exhibition – The Play’s The Thing
- And much more…
The Big Year is both a memento of an exceptional year and a fascinating view of how the RSC operates. It will be released on 22 March through the RSC Shop. You can pre-order The Big Year now.