The restoration and redevelopment of our Costume Workshop continues during our temporary closure, so that we will be able to keep creating stunning costumes.
We began construction and restoration work on our workshops last year, to give our team of skilled costume makers 21st century workshops with the space, light and facilities to help them continue to create beautiful costumes for our audiences to enjoy.
The roof of the building went on in March and the construction site has stayed open, following government advice, with a smaller workforce following physical distancing rules. The workshops are now taking shape with the following:
- Interior stud walls are being constructed
- The concrete floor slab has been poured in the scene dock building which will be the new reception for our workshops and offices
- The rooflights have all been glazed and slates are being laid on the roof
- Painters are working at the higher levels inside the building
- Preparations are well underway for gas, electricity and water supplies to be connected.