Our multi award-winning production of Matilda The Musical is to tour the UK and Ireland for the very first time from March 2018, opening at Leicester Curve.
Here’s where we’ll be:
- Leicester Curve (5 March - 24 March 2018)
- Dublin Bord Gais Energy Theatre (4 April – 28 April 2018)
- Sunderland Empire (8 May – 2 June 2018)
- Milton Keynes Theatre (5 June – 30 June 2018)
- Birmingham Hippodrome (3 July – 8 September 2018)
- Manchester Palace (18 September – 24 November 2018)
- Cardiff Wales Millennium Centre (4 December 2018 – 12 January 2019).
Alongside our touring production, we will launch a new education programme, reaching more than 15,000 children, in collaboration with our theatre partners across the country. More details to be announced in due course.
You can still catch Matilda in the West End at the Cambridge Theatre, where we are now in our sixth successful year, and on tour in North America and Australia.
Dennis Kelly, (book) said: “It’s been a long time coming but I’m delighted that we get to take Matilda around the UK. We have some fantastic theatres in this country and Ireland, supported by smart, engaged audiences and we can’t wait to bring this crazy, messy, anarchic explosion of a show to them.”
Tim Minchin (music and lyrics) said: “I - like millions of others - feel like Dahl is in my blood, because I grew up with his books. So to have contributed to a piece of work that brings one of his most famous stories to life is one of my life's great joys. I’m utterly thrilled that audiences in cities all across the UK and Ireland will now share and be part of Matilda’s story.”
Find out more about the Matilda Tour, including how you can book tickets.