We have started recording the newly composed scores from each production as we work our way through the canon of Shakespeare's plays.
The recordings are available to buy on CD or via download. They include:
- Music from the current production
- Selections of music for the same play from a previous production, by significant 20th Century composers
- Speeches performed by members of the current cast
The following CDs are currently available:
- Richard II >> Music by Paul Englishby, from Gregory Doran's 2013 production , alongside music for the 1913 Frank Benson production by Ralph Vaughan Williams, and speeches performed by David Tennant, Jane Lapotaire and Michael Pennington
- Henry IV Parts 1 and 2 >> Music by Paul Englishby, alongside Edward Gregson's music from Adrian Noble's 1991 production, with speeches performed by Tony Sher, Alex Hassell, Jasper Britton and Nia Gwynne
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona >> Music by Michael Bruce alongside music for the 1938 production by Anthony Bernard
We will eventually be able to offer a complete collection of music for Shakespeare's plays - an audio archive of a survey of the entire canon, as well as a rare glimpse into the historic archive of scores that dates back over a century.