For ages 4 and up, with adult supervision
Design and create a dinosaur puppet, inspired by Paapa Essiedu's dinosaur hat from the 2016 production of Hamlet. You can look at images from the show and search for other costumes on our website for more inspiration.
You will need:
- A paper plate
- Coloured card
- Double sided tape
- 2 Lolly sticks
- Anything else you might want to use to decorate your dinosaur
- Colour the outside of your paper plate then fold it in half. This will be your dinosaur’s body. Will they be striped, covered in dots, all one colour?
- Cut out cardboard shapes for the head, spine and tail. Use the image below for ideas:
- Open your plate a little and glue on your dinosaur's head, spiky spine and tail along the plate's edge in the position you like.
- Use some little pieces of double-sided tape to close the edges of the plate.
- Using other crafty materials you might have at home, decorate your dinosaur. Where will its eyes be? Will it have wings or scales? Maybe add a face.
- Using the double-sided tape, stick a lollypop stick on either side of the folded edge of the plate to give your dinosaur legs and finish your puppet.