Henry VI: Rebellion played alongside Wars of the Roses in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon in spring 2022.
Including performers from our Next Generation Act young company and Shakespeare Nation community participants alongside a professional cast, Henry VI: Rebellion hurtled through one of the most turbulent periods in English history.
This epic journey through The Wars of the Roses tells the vivid and enthralling story of the brutal struggle for the English crown.
As part of the RSC’s commitment to be a theatre company for everyone, Henry VI: Rebellion included a cast of 118 people, with professional actors, adults from community groups from six English towns and cities, and members of the RSC’s young acting company.
Learn about our rebels
The rebels in Henry VI: Rebellion were played by our Shakespeare Nation community participants from around the country. Read their blogs.
- Kelly the Rebel from Bradford talks about her 'incredible journey'
- Corin the Rebel from Bradford describes his journey to the rebellion
- Becky the Rebel from Nottingham prepares to act on the Royal Shakespeare Theatre stage
- Martyn the Rebel from Blackpool shares his shock at being chosen for this experience
- Aamer the Rebel from Norwich opens up about being a late bloomer as a performer
- Wendy the Rebel from Blackpool takes us into the workshops and activities the group have enjoyed as part of their Shakespeare Nation journey
- Sasha the Rebel from Canterbury examines how Shakespeare Nation has allowed her to rediscover theatre
Watch The Making of the Rebellion on YouTube.