Our home for new writing, intimate performances and family events.
A trip to Stratford-upon-Avon isn't complete until you've visited The Other Place.
Located just down the road from the Royal Shakespeare and Swan Theatres, it's a great place to grab a bite to eat and watch a performance, whether in the 200-seat theatre or Susie's cafe bar. Every year we showcase new plays and writers in the theatre, alongside regular music, poetry and family events.
Aside from our shows, there's plenty to enjoy at The Other Place:
- Page to Stage tours with first-hand accounts from directors and actors and the chance to see costumes and props up close
- Our Costume Hire store
- Susie's Cafe Bar with great food, drinks and free WiFi
- Free live Jazz night with Stratford Jazz, third Thursday of every month, from 7.30pm
- Play On, free live music, on the first Thursday of every month, starting at 7.30pm
- Bright Smoke - free spoken word event on the second Thursday of every month, from 7.30pm
- Free family drop-in activities, second Saturday of every month, 1-3pm
- Rehearsal rooms and performance spaces, which are available for hire
The Other Place has hosted a range of new plays and writers, including being the home of our regular Mischief Festivals. Browse the gallery below to learn more about some of our past shows.
The University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a founding partner in The Other Place theatre in Stratford. Our new five year collaboration with the University is based on a mutual aspiration to develop The Other Place theatre as a unique hub for rehearsal, training, learning and creativity, with artists and academics working alongside each other. More about our partnership with the University of Birmingham.