Now open daily in Stratford-upon-Avon from 10am.
Take a magical journey through 100 years of theatre-making in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Discover rarely-seen treasures from our museum and archive: exquisite costumes, amazing model-boxes and weird and wonderful props.
- Director’s ‘desk’ – discover the inspiration behind some of our most acclaimed shows
- Play Hamlet alongside actor Ewart James Walters, using state-of-the-art gaming technology
- Magic Costume Mirror – try on virtual costumes from our collection and take a photo
- Dress up in the dressing room and take the Quick Change Challenge.
- Discover gory details of theatre-making through the A-Z of Shakespeare’s secrets and stories
- The story-generator - create quick and fun version of Shakespeare plays
- Rarely-seen costumes and props from major moments from our history
The exhibition starts on the ground floor of the Swan Theatre, by the entrance to the Swan Cafe, and continues up to the floor above.
The Play's The Thing will be closed from 22 to 31 March while we change the objects on display. When we reopen we will have exciting new costumes and props on show to illustrate theatre history in Stratford.
THE PLAY'S THE THING TICKETS
Tickets are available as an annual pass, on request. Valid for 12 months from the date of your first visit.
- £8.50 adult, £4.25 child.
- £4.25 for disabled people - if you require the services of a companion their ticket is also £4.25
- £5 for 16-25 year olds - not available online
- Under fives are free.
- All kids go free on Sundays, and in the Warwickshire school holidays - not available online.
Tickets can be bought in advance or on the day, subject to availability, for general admission or a specific time slot. Tickets are sold online, by phone on 01789 403 436 or from our Box Office in the Colonnade.
Last entry is at 6pm (Monday to Saturday) and 4pm (Sunday).