Opening in Stratford-upon-Avon on 22 October 2016
Take a magical journey through 100 years of theatre-making in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Discover rarely-seen treasures from our museum and archive: exquisite costumes, amazing model-boxes and weird and wonderful props. Get hands-on and celebrate the creativity behind the scenes.
- Director’s ‘desk’ – discover the inspiration behind some of our most acclaimed shows
- Play Hamlet alongside actor Ewart James Walter, using state-of-the-art gaming technology
- Magic Costume Mirror – try on virtual costumes from our collection and take a photo
- Dress up in the dressing room and take part in the Quick Change Challenge.
- Discover some of the gory details of theatre-making through the A-Z of Shakespeare’s secrets and stories
- The story-generator - create quick and fun version of Shakespeare plays
- Rarely-seen costumes and props from major moments from our history
Tickets: £8.50 adult, £4.25 child.
Tickets for disabled people are £4.25. If you require the services of a companion their ticket is also £4.25
The exhibition starts on the ground floor of the Swan Theatre, by the entrance to the Swan Café, and continues up to the floor above.
Tickets can be bought in advance or on the day, subject to availability, for general admission or a specific time slot. Tickets are sold online, by phone (our direct access booking line is 01789 403 436) or from our Box Office in the Colonnade. Should the Colonnade be closed for technical works in the theatre, tickets will be available from the Swan Wing.
If you require any more information, please email email@example.com or call 01789 403 744 where we’ll be happy to assist.
The Play’s The Thing has been made possible through a £2.8 million award from the HERITAGE LOTTERY FUND, with generous support from the GARFIELD WESTON FOUNDATION, DCMS/WOLFSON MUSEUMS & GALLERIES IMPROVEMENT FUND, THE WOLFSON FOUNDATION and many other generous supporters.