Take a magical journey through 100 years of theatre-making in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Discover rarely-seen treasures from our museum and archive: exquisite costumes, amazing model-boxes and weird and wonderful props. Get hands-on and celebrate the creativity behind the scenes.
- See costumes worn by some of the greatest actors to perform on our stages
- Generate your own Shakespearean plot
- Race your friends in the quick-change costume challenge
- Make Ariel fly
- Experience what it’s like to play Hamlet on the Royal Shakespeare Theatre stage
- Step inside the mind of a director
- Visit the digital dressing room to try on costumes from our museum collection
Tickets: £8.50 adult, £4.35 child
The Play's the Thing, opens in Stratford-upon-Avon on 22 October 2016.
For more information about the accessibility of the exhibition visit our access pages.
The Play’s The Thing has been made possible through a £2.8 million award from the HERITAGE LOTTERY FUND, with generous support from the GARFIELD WESTON FOUNDATION, DCMS/WOLFSON MUSEUMS & GALLERIES IMPROVEMENT FUND, THE WOLFSON FOUNDATION and many other generous supporters.