Open daily in Stratford-upon-Avon from 10.20am.
Take a magical journey through 100 years of theatre-making in Stratford-upon-Avon. On display are stunning costumes and props from our archives as well as a rare copy of Shakespeare's first folio.
Get hands-on with our interactive exhibits:
- Director’s ‘desk’ – discover the inspiration behind some of our most acclaimed shows
- Play Hamlet alongside actor Ewart James Walters, using state-of-the-art gaming technology
- Magic Costume Mirror – try on virtual costumes from our collection and take a photo
- Discover gory details of theatre-making through the A-Z of Shakespeare’s secrets and stories
The exhibition starts on the ground floor of the Swan Theatre, by the entrance to the Swan Cafe, and continues up to the floor above.
THE PLAY'S THE THING TICKETS
Tickets are available as an annual pass, on request. Valid for 12 months from the date of your first visit.
- £8.50 adult, £4.25 child.
- £4.25 for disabled people - if you require the services of a companion their ticket is also £4.25
- £5 for 16-25 year olds - not available online
- Under fives are free.
- All kids go free on Sundays, and during the Warwickshire school holidays - not available online.
Tickets can be bought in advance or on the day, subject to availability, for general admission or a specific time slot. Tickets are sold online, by phone on 01789 403 493 or from our Box Office in the Colonnade.
Last entry is at 6pm (Monday to Saturday) and 4pm (Sunday).
SPECIAL EDUCATION OFFER
Special price for school groups 10+ and students in full-time education.
£4.25 + 1 free teacher's ticket for every 10 students attending.
£15.50 for a performance ticket + entrance to the exhibition.
Valid Monday - Friday.
The Play's The Thing will be closed on the following dates:
Monday 20 to Friday 24 November, reopening at 10.20am Saturday 25 November.
24 and 25 December 2017
Monday 19 March to Thursday 29 March 2018