Join us on on Saturday 21 April for free activities and events to celebrate Shakespeare's Birthday.
- Enjoy free craft activities for families and great live music, and listen to sonnets being read as you cross the River Avon
- Get involved in fun theatre-making demonstrations
- Look out for the characters Romeo and Juliet reimagined by Positive Youth Foundation as part of the town’s new Literary Pageant (plus performances at 1.30 and 2.30pm)
- Meet Jasmine Thompson, the artist behind our giant mural Love As A Revolution
- Watch the Shakespeare Birthday Performance, Romeo and Juliet, in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre at 7.15pm
Some roads in Stratford-upon-Avon will be closed from 8am to 12.30pm - please allow extra time for your journey.
Schedule of Events
From 10am: Free entry to our permanent exhibition, The Play's The Thing
10.35 - 11.30am (approx): Shakespeare Birthday Parade, Bridge Street
11.15am - 12.20pm (approx): Literary Pageant performance by Positive Youth Foundation, Bridge Street
11.30am - 4pm: Craft Workshop, Upper Foyer, The Other Place
12 - 4pm: Sonnet Ferry, Chain Ferry Crossing, River Avon. Listen to Shakespeare’s poetry as you cross the River Avon, read to you by RSC actors. 50p per crossing
12 - 3pm: Meet the Artist: Jasmine Thompson, creator of Love as a Revolution, Bancroft Terrace
12 - 12.45pm: Blood Guts and Gore, The Other Place
1 - 1.45pm: Theatre Design Q&A, The Other Place
1.30pm: Positive Youth Foundation performance, Bancroft Terrace (10 minutes)
2 - 2.45pm: Stage Fighting Demo, The Other Place
2.30pm: Positive Youth Foundation performance, Bancroft Terrace (10 minutes)
3 - 3.45pm: Rehearsing Shakespeare, The Other Place
5 - 6pm: Apples and Snakes present: SPIN
Kids go Free on Shakespeare's Birthday
Children can get hands-on with our interactive exhibition, The Play’s The Thing, and take in the views from the top of the theatre tower for FREE all day on Saturday 21 April. Up to four children go free with every full paying adult ticket for The Play’s The Thing.
Up to two kids go free to the theatre tower with every full paying adult.