Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter this photography competition, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
How to Enter
- To enter the competition, you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) aged between 16 and 25 years old at the time of entry and (c) be a registered member of the RSC Key at the time of entry.
- Entry to the competition requires you to submit, via your personal Instagram account, a photo which must have been taken by you and which must feature a person (your 'Entry Photo').
- All entries must be submitted by posting your photo on your personal Instagram account using #RSCPhotoComp and tagging @TheRSCKey.
- You must ensure you have the permission of the person in your Entry Photo for it to be submitted as an entry to this competition and for it to be used as described in point 7iii below.
- The photo should not include anything which is obscene or illegal.
- There will be no charge for entering the competition.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to the following:
- You will be bound by these terms and conditions;
- the RSC storing and using your information for further communication related to the competition; and
- for your Entry Photo to be used by the RSC online at rsc.org.uk and other online communication.
- By submitting your Entry Photo you understand and agree that the RSC has no obligation to publish your entry. You must be the author/copyright holder of your Entry Photo.
- You will retain all intellectual property rights to the Entry Photo you enter for the competition.
- Entries are restricted to one photo per entrant.
- The closing date for entrants is Sunday 3 December at 11.59pm.
- RSC will not accept entries which do not meet the requirements set out above.
- RSC will not accept responsibility for entries that are not received for any reason.
- Four winners will be selected from a shortlist by the RSC. The decision of the RSC is final. Feedback will not be provided to those who are not selected.
- The four winners will be commissioned to take photos of the rehearsals for the following productions: Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet or The Merry Wives of Windsor, although the specific productions may be subject to change.
- If you are one of the four winners of the competition you will also receive two complimentary tickets to the production in Stratford-upon-Avon that you take the rehearsal photos for (excluding any travel or further expenses).
- You agree that if you are selected as winner, you shall assign all rights and interests in the rehearsal photographs to the RSC and shall waive your moral rights in return for the fee of £250, paid to you by the RSC (plus £65 for expenses).
- While the RSC will always endeavour to credit the photographer, there may be occasions where we are unable to do this. As such, when you assign your rights in the rehearsal photographs to us, you also agree to waive your moral rights (in addition to the right to be credited as the photographer this also means you also waive your right to object to derogatory treatment of the photograph).
- The winners will be advised and guided by the production photographer and you agree to act in accordance with this guidance
- The rehearsal photos taken will appear in the programme for each production along with the details of the competition and winning photographer. The RSC may use the rehearsal photos for other purposes.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the RSC may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the RSC to administer the competition.
- RSC will send the name and county of the winners to anyone who writes within one month after Sunday 3 December requesting details of the winners and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out at the bottom of these terms and conditions.
- If you are shortlisted for the competition:
- we will contact you on Instagram. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within 48 hours from the time the message is sent, we reserve the right to select another entrant; and
- you will be asked to provide proof of your age, contact details and to confirm that you have a suitable camera for taking professional photographs. If you are under 18 you will also need the consent of your parent or guardian to remain in the competition.
- By entering you are confirming that you own a camera that is suitable for taking high quality professional photographs suitable for reproduction.
- No prize or part of the prize is exchangeable for cash, tickets or services.
- The RSC reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The promoter of this competition is The Royal Shakespeare Company (charity no: 212481) whose registered office is at Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Waterside, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6BB