Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter the graphic novel competition, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
The promoter of this competition is The Royal Shakespeare Company (charity no: 212481) whose registered office is at Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Waterside, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6BB (the 'RSC')
THE COMPETITION & HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the competition, you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) aged between 16 and 25 years old at the time of entry and (c) be a registered member of the RSC Key at the time of entry.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize.
- Entry to the competition requires you to submit, via your personal email address, a piece of artwork up to two A4 pages in length in the style of a comic book which must have been drawn by you.
- All entries must be submitted by emailing your entries to email@example.com
- The entry must not include anything which is obscene or illegal.
- There will be no charge for entering the competition.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of [three] judges. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to the following:
- You are eligible to enter the competition and claim any prize you may win;
- You will be bound by these terms and conditions;
- the RSC storing and using your information for further communication related to the competition; and
- for your artwork to be used by the RSC online at rsc.org.uk and other online communication.
- By submitting your artwork you understand and agree that the RSC has no obligation to publish your entry. You must be the author/copyright holder of your artwork.
- Entries are restricted to one comic per entrant.
- The closing date for entrants is Sunday 28 July at 11.59pm. All competition entries received after this time will be automatically disqualified.
- RSC will not accept entries which are incomplete or do not meet the requirements set out in these terms and conditions.
- RSC will not accept responsibility for entries that are not received for any reason.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of the RSC.
- Three winners will be selected from a shortlist by the judges nominated by RSC. The decision of the judges nominated by the RSC is final. Feedback will not be provided to those who are not selected.
- If you are shortlisted for the competition:
- we will contact you through your application email. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within 48 hours from the time the message is sent, we reserve the right to select another entrant; and
- you will be asked to provide proof of your age and contact details.
- Winners will be announced on the Wednesday 7 of August 2019.
- RSC does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize(s).
- The Prizes
- The First Prize will consist of two tickets for Venice Preserved, two General Admission tickets for Cov Con, a Venice Preserved poster, and a selection of comic books with the combined total value of up to £40.
- The Second Prize will consist of two tickets for Venice Preserved, two General Admission tickets for Cov Con, a Venice Preserved poster, and a selection of comic books with the combined total value of up to £30.
- The Third Prize will consist of two tickets for Venice Preserved, a Venice Preserved poster, and a comic book with the value of up to £15.
- Where applicable:
• The prize(s) consist of two tickets for Venice Preserved valid for any performance in Stratford-upon-Avon until 7 September 2019, subject to availability. Tickets will be located at the discretion of the Box Office Manager. Travel and accommodation must be arranged and paid for by the winner.
• The prize(s) consist of two General Admission tickets for Cov Con on Saturday 28 September 2019, subject to availability. Any additional extras must be paid for by the winner. Travel and accommodation must be arranged and paid for by the winner.
• The prize(s) consist of a selection of comic books chosen by the RSC, up to a combined total value of (1st) £40, (2nd) £30, or (3rd) £15.
- No prize or part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or services.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
OWNERSHIP OF COMPETITION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The RSC does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry.
- You agree that the RSC may, but is not required to, make your competition entry available online on the RSC website and RSC social media channels along with the details of the competition and winning artists. The RSC may use your competition entry for other reasonable purposes. By entering the competition you hereby grant the RSC an irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide licence to use your competition entry for such purposes.
DATA PROTECTION, PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used by the RSC to administer the competition.
- Additionally, if you are a winner of the competition, you agree that the RSC may use your name, image and county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- RSC must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. RSC will send the name and county of the winners and/or the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after Sunday 14 July requesting details of the winners and/or the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out at the top of these terms and conditions.
- If you object to any or all of your name, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the RSC on the address above. In such circumstances, the RSC must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, RSC or its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize(s) except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSC or its agents or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, RSC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- RSC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The promoter of this competition is The Royal Shakespeare Company (charity no: 212481) whose registered office is at Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Waterside, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6BB