Director Erica Whyman's acclaimed show opens at the Theatre Royal.
Our production of Romeo and Juliet, featuring Bally Gill and Karen Fishwick as the star-crossed lovers, begins its national tour tonight (29 January) in Norwich.
The 'youthful and energetic' show (Whatsonstage) premiered in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre last year, and has just finished its run at the Barbican in London alongside Macbeth and The Merry Wives of Windsor. Young people from the regions where the show is touring will join the professional cast to perform as the Chorus.
Romeo and Juliet goes to:
- Theatre Royal, Norwich, 29 January - 2 February
- Newcastle Theatre Royal, 5-9 February
- Alhambra Theatre, Bradford, 12-16 February
- Nottingham Theatre Royal, 19-23 February
- Grand Theatre Blackpool, 26 February - 2 March
- New Theatre, Cardiff, 5-9 March
- Theatre Royal, Glasgow, 19-23 March
Tickets for these performances are on sale direct from the tour venues.