On Thursday 17 November we celebrated the year at our Annual General Meeting in the Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Performers from A Midsummer Night’s Dream; A Play for The Nation performed on stage and we heard music from our current shows The Tempest and The Rover. We also issued our latest Annual Review, with highlights from the year including:
- 28 productions and co-productions, including 7 Shakespeare plays and 4 new plays
- 2.8m tickets sold worldwide for 2,487 performances
- 3 Shakespeare plays broadcast ‘Live From Stratford-upon-Avon’ into cinemas in 17 countries around the world, reaching an audience of 131,000
- 3 Shakespeare plays broadcast free to schools reaching 35,000 students in their classrooms
- First major tour to China with Shakespeare’s ‘Great Cycle of Kings’ performing in London, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, and New York
- Global audience reach of over 6 million people through performances, events, activities, day visits, in cinemas, schools and online
Talking about the year, our Artistic Director Gregory Doran said: "We are proud that this year we have shared Shakespeare’s work and influence with a wider audience than ever before, giving more people the opportunity to connect with his words. We have had a successful year, buoyed by strong box office, commercial and philanthropic income, and the extraordinary phenomenon which is Matilda The Musical."