Get inspiration for our national playwriting project with the first episodes of the 37 Plays podcast.
Six episodes of our 37 Plays podcast are now available to catch up with online.
37 Plays is a new national playwriting project led by the RSC and our 12 theatre partners, seeking the stories of our times. We are inviting anyone in the UK to tell their story, with the chosen 37 plays to be performed script-in-hand next year.
To help you with your writing process, the 37 Plays podcast brings playwright Mark Ravenhill together with other writers to discuss inspiration and writing tips. The six episodes currently available feature:
- Lolita Chakrabarti explaining why you should finish your first draft before listening to anyone else's opinions
- Hannah Khalil saying you should write just for yourself
- Danusia Samal proposing the importance of keeping some distance from your writing
- James Graham on looking for the central moment in his characters' journeys
- Winsome Pinnock talking about alternating between show and tell
- Chinonyerem Odimba sharing how she finds her characters by telling them secrets