Open House event with free activities and theatre tickets on sale at 1974 prices.
Our Open House event at The Other Place on Saturday 2 July features special activities for the whole family and the first opportunity to buy tickets for our Making Mischief festival for just 70p per ticket. This was the price of tickets when the original The Other Place opened in 1974.
These tickets can only be bought in person only at the Box Office at The Other Place on Saturday 2 July, from 12 noon. They will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
A further 300 tickets for 70p each will be available throughout the festival, with a selection on sale every morning from 10am (between 27 July - 27 August), at The Other Place box office. 70p tickets are limited to two tickets per person.
The day of free events includes:
- 20 minute taster theatre tours, with glimpses into the Studio Theatre, a rehearsal room and the Costume Store - tours run every half hour from 1-3.30pm. Book in advance by calling 01789 403493, or on the day
- Live music from 5.30-7pm with Birmingham based musicians and singers, Alima, Rochaé, Ed Geater, Barbella and Raza Hussein
- Blood, Guts and Gore, 12noon – learn how we make fake scars and bruises
- Dressing-up, colouring and craft for younger visitors
- A Big Pub Quiz from 7.30pm
- Susie’s Café Bar open all day, offering free filter coffee or tea with every slice of cake or cookie purchased, and a free babyccino with every adult drink purchased, from 12 to 5pm
Combine your visit with a free performance at our outdoor theatre, The Dell, just across the road from The Other Place. On 2 July the Brit School performs Titus Andronicus at 1pm and Much Ado About Nothing at 3pm.
The Other Place and how to find us