Join us for an unforgettable theatre experience working with our directors and the theatre practitioners who support them.
Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October 2019
Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon
We believe theatre belongs to everyone. And we want everyone to have the chance to see theatre and make it for themselves.
We work with some of theatre’s boldest most innovative directors. Join us as we share some of their rehearsal room techniques, ideas and experiences, aimed at those making theatre with amateur community and non-professional groups.
The Big Directors' Weekend offers workshops, masterclasses and interviews. It offers an insight into our rehearsal room processes and practices of the directors who work with us.
Suitable for anyone who wants to develop their theatre directing skills.
You will take part in four different practical workshops and professional masterclasses across the weekend each exploring an aspect of theatre direction including:
- Working with actors
- Working with text/scripts
- Planning, preparing, scheduling and working with a creative and technical team eg. designers, stage managers, lighting and sound
- Live rehearsal – Watch an RSC director at work
The Big Directors' Weekend costs £220, and as well as the workshops your ticket includes:
- Q&A with RSC Deputy Artistic Director and Director of A Museum in Bagdad, Erica Whyman
- Ticket to see A Museum in Baghdad in preview in the Swan Theatre
- Ticket to The Play’s The Thing, our behind the scenes exhibition
- Lunch on both days
- A backstage tour of our theatres
What and when
Saturday 19 October, 9.30am - Sunday 20 October 5.30pm
Registration is from 9.30am on Saturday, at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre
All workshops take place in our rehearsal rooms as well as onstage and backstage in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre
Participants must be 18+
Tickets cost £220 (accommodation is not included) and are available by calling the RSC Ticket Hotline on 01789 331111 or in person at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre Box Office. Early booking is recommended as places are limited. Not available online.
Any enquiries about this event or how to book please email: email@example.com