These one day courses are the perfect introduction to a Shakespeare play, with a wealth of ideas on how to introduce or progress understanding of the play, for classroom study, or to prepare for a theatre visit.
DATE and TIMINGS
Wednesday 8 November 2017, 10am - 4pm
The Clore Learning Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
All one day courses cost £115 (Members); £130 (Non-Members), excluding theatre ticket.
In addition, if booked before 18 September, you can book a ticket for the evening production of Twelfth Night at the reduced price of £11.50. Please book with the box office at the same time as booking your place on the course.
THE STRUCTURE OF THE DAY
The day will focus on developing your knowledge, confidence and skills in the teaching of this play and will include:
- Building the foundations: introducing ways of working that will ensure your students are ready to engage with Shakespeare’s plays
- Creating the world of the play: ways of introducing or building on existing knowledge of the play
- Close reading/analysis of a particular speech or scene
- Exploring the language: ways of helping pupils access Shakespeare’s language
- Practical advice around transferability of approaches to other plays
- Ideas on adapting approaches to different classroom or learning spaces
Throughout the day there will be opportunities to ask questions about adapting the work to your own context.
THE COURSE ALSO INCLUDES:
- A resource pack of activities to use in the classroom
- The support of an experienced RSC practitioner
SUITABILITY AND HOW TO BOOK
This course is suitable for any KS2 teacher; all KS1 teachers are also welcome. No prior experience of Shakespeare is necessary.
Call the Education Ticket Hotline on 01789 403434. This line is answered by a specialist education team available from 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday during UK term time.