Wherever you are teaching in the world, we can bring RSC Teacher Professional Development to your school.
Our experienced practitioners can travel to a destination of your choice to offer bespoke training to help teachers approach Shakespeare more effectively in the classroom by using active approaches from the RSC rehearsal room.
Our courses are designed to be inspiring, thought-provoking and enjoyable. By always keeping the pupil in the classroom at the heart of our practice we ensure that you can take what you've learned and put it into action the very next day. We can create a day or series of days for teachers with little or with considerable experience of teaching Shakespeare and for teachers working with students of any age.
How to book a workshop
To find out more about how we could help you develop your teaching of Shakespeare and for information on programme costs, email us.We need to know:
- The Shakespeare text(s) you would like to explore
- The experience of the participants
- The age of children they teach
What teachers say about our International workshops:
- 'I learned more about Macbeth today than in all my Uni years!'
- 'I’ve realised that my number one job is to bring Shakespeare alive rather than hammer in literary devices'.
- “Many concrete approaches to Shakespeare in the classroom, alternative methods and ways to make it come alive for young learners – it has been really inspiring.”
- 'Please spread this and continue! I would be wonderful to see you in Sweden!' (workshop took place in Stratford-upon-Avon).
- 'I’d kind of forgotten drama in the English classroom but now, I definitely will use it!'