The Running Wardrobe Department is responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and repairing of the costumes. The dressers help the artists into their costumes when making quick changes during a performance.
The placement will take place during a tech week or understudy week, when the department is at its busiest. You will be involved with a variety of tasks, assisting the dressers with sewing and repairs, labelling, ironing and running. You will also have the opportunity to shadow staff members.
Length of Placement: One week
Location of Placement: Stratford-upon-Avon
- Be at college or university, studying towards a qualification in a related field or recently completed study
- Have good sewing skills (hand and machine)
- Be able to demonstrate a long term career objective, and have a good grasp of how this placement could contribute to their ability to achieve that goal
- Be aware that the Running Wardrobe Department has a different function to the Costume Department, and recognise the differences in the work that they do
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to demonstrate tact and respect when necessary
- Be flexible in their approach, and be able to work in the evening.
All applications will be considered by the Head of Department. Applicants will be accepted on the basis of the best suitability for the placement, as demonstrated in their application.
Under 18? See our programme for under 18s.