The RSC Sound Department has a team incorporating: one Head of Sound, two Senior Sound Technicians and three Sound Technicians. The department is responsible for sound for all RSC work, in Stratford and on tour or residency; including sound effects, music amplification, and show communications systems.
Length of placement: Four weeks
Location of placement: Stratford-upon-Avon
Availability: Next placements will be available between March and August 2013. To find the details and apply online visit the Current work placements section of the website.
About the placement
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Sound Department on the daily repertoire
- Prepare forthcoming shows
- Develop an understanding of the skills required to operate sound in a theatre environment
- Understand the use of different sound equipment
- Program sound equipment
- Develop skills in understanding the text and producing a sound effects or environment for a production.
We are looking for applicants who have a proven interest in theatre sound production.
- A graduate, or be studying a theatre sound / audio related qualification
- Have a basic understanding of sound theory
- Have a working understanding of theatre practices
- Have an interest in Shakespeare
- Have a flexible, pleasant and adaptable approach
- Candidates must be 18 years or older, due to Health and Safety regulations.
- Have an awareness of Health and Safety at Work
- Have a basic understanding of computers in a sound environment, including Midi
- General office computer experience
- A musical ear.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview before the final selection is made.
Under 18? See our programme for under 18s.