Finance and funding

We are a registered charity (number 212481) and rely on a mix of income to fund our artistic programme and to help us reach the widest possible audience.

Our annual income was £62.6m in the last financial year (2012/13). Public investment from Arts Council England grants totalled £16.6m, representing 26.5% of total funding. The remaining 73.5% we generated ourselves, including box office income (£31.6m) and commercial trading activity such as retail and catering (£4.8m). We also raised £4.1m through corporate sponsorship and charitable donations from private individuals, trusts and foundations.

The chart below gives further details of income and expenditure.

For further information about our annual accounts see the Annual Report.

 

Contact us & FAQs

Ticket Hotline

0844 800 1110
Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm

Email newsletter

Sign up to email updates for the latest RSC news:

RSC Members

Already an RSC Member or Supporter? Sign in here.

Teaching Shakespeare