The RSC Nursery in Stratford-upon-Avon has been caring for the children of those living in the local community and RSC employees since 1963. We are located in Shottery, next to Ann Hathaway's Cottage, approximately one mile from the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon.
We pride ourselves in providing a small, friendly day care facility where we care for and educate children in a fun, safe and happy environment. Each child has the opportunity to play and learn at their own pace in a creative atmosphere.
The nursery is managed by Kate Robinson, a qualified NNEB with over 30 years experience working with children from birth to seven years. Kate also has a Royal Society of Health Diploma in Childcare.
Staff ratios are 1:3 for 0-2 year olds, 1:4 for 2-3 year olds and 1:8 for 3-5 year olds.
Interested in registering for a place?
Download the RSC Nursery prospectus and browse the nursery photo gallery to find out more.
If you are interested in visiting the nursery or talking to us about your application please contact:
Kate Robinson - Head of Nursery
24 Cottage Lane
Tel: 01789 414583
Find us here:
View RSC Nursery in a larger map
How the admissions process works
- All initial enquiries should be made to Kate, Head of Nursery.
- We will send you a prospectus and waiting list form and we can also offer you an appointment to visit the Nursery.
- You can place your child's name on the waiting list using the waiting list form – we need to know your preferred sessions and start date. Return this to us along with a non-refundable administration fee of £50.00.
- We use this list to identify your interest in the nursery. We allocate places from the list using the following priorities: RSC employees, siblings of children who already come to the nursery, date of birth, date we received the application
- We offer government funded sessions to eligible families. Please speak to the Head of Nursery with regard to booking a funded place.
- We will make offers and confirmation of your place approximately four months before your preferred start date.
- Once we have confirmed session times and a start date between us, we ask you to pay a commitment fee of a £100 to secure the place. This fee will be refunded from your first invoice. The amount will not be refunded if the place is not taken up.
Fees and extra sessions
- Full fees will be charged from the accepted start date or a return to the waiting list. Non-payment of fees will forfeit the place.
- We will make every effort to accommodate an increase in sessions when you need them but we cannot guarantee to do so. Extra sessions will be allocated using a waiting list.
- Further information on nursery policies and terms and conditions are available upon request
The Nursery meets the requirements of The Children's Act 1989 and is registered and approved by OFSTED.