Caption and audio description
We offer audio described and captioned performances for all patrons who are visually impaired, deaf or hearing impaired. We do this for all of our productions.
Captioned performance dates:
- Saturday 9 November 2013 1.30pm (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Saturday 11 January 2014 2pm (Barbican, London)
Audio described performances
A live commentary giving details of all the visual aspects of a production. The commentary is interspersed with the actors' dialogue. Before the play begins you can hear an introduction to the production which gives details of the set, costumes and characters. The commentary is delivered via radio headsets, available from the desk in the theatre foyer.
You can also get the introductory notes on CD sent to your home to listen to before you come to the theatre. Please ask for this service when you book your tickets or email email@example.com.
Audio described performance dates:
- Wednesday 6 November 2013 7:30pm (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Saturday 16 November 2013 1:30pm (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Saturday 18 January 2014 2pm (Barbican, London)
The audio introduction for Richard II is also available to listen to in mp3 format or read as text: read the notes or use Soundcloud to listen or download:
Find out about other services for visually impaired patrons, including:
- Touch Tours
- Bringing guide dogs to the theatre
- Seats for people with visual or hearing impairment