Celebrate by making a Shakespearean meme!
What is a meme?
All the rage on the internet, a meme is the social media equivalent of a caption competition. When making a meme, people try to come up with humorous and witty captions to accompany their image. Here's a quick guide for making your Shakespearean meme. Once you've made your meme don't forget to Tweet it to us @TheRSC or post it on Facebook!
How to make your meme:
1. Download the template image here
2. Open the image in Paint, Photoshop or any image-editing software. You can even use MS Word
3. Think of your favourite Shakespeare quotation or a witty Shakespeare-related caption
4. Copy or write your caption into a transparent text box. If it's a long caption, split it into two lines. Above is an example of what your meme could look like
5. Save your image and post it to Twitter or Facebook. Don't forget to tag us in your post using the #happybirthdayshakespeare hashtag
6. Check back here as we'll be posting a selection of our favourites during Shakespeare's birthday week. Get posting!