Improved facilities for visitors
The Royal Shakespeare Theatre offers improved facilities for visitors with Access needs, these include:
- Twelve dedicated wheelchair spaces in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre auditorium, an increase from 4 in the old theatre.
- Lift access to all levels of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre auditoria
- Lift access to the Rooftop Restaurant
- Lift access to the 32m high Tower viewing platform
- Accessible toilets on all levels of the building
- The riverside walk is now accessible and runs around the side of the Theatre, from the Bancroft Gardens to Holy Trinity Church
- There are loop systems for hard of hearing patrons in the auditoria, the box office, cloakroom, stage door and at the shop counters
- The many different levels that only had stepped access in the 1932 building have been replaced by ramps.
Our philosophy is to make everything we do accessible to all our audiences. We offer Captioned and Audio Described performances along with Touch Tours helping to enhance your experience at the theatre. Find out more