2013: 100 Years in America
2013 marks 100 years since we first toured to cities across the United States in 1913, and Americans have continued to enjoy a close relationship with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
Over 20,000 visitors from the US see our work in Stratford-upon-Avon every year and we are fortunate that so many of them choose to support the company.
The 1913 Tour:
Plays performed: As You Like It, Hamlet, Henry V, Henry IV part 2, King John, The Merchant of Venice, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, Richard II, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, The Taming of the Shrew and Twelfth Night.
- January: Syracuse (NY), Buffalo (NY)
- February: Baltimore (MD), Norfolk (VA), Richmond (VA), Atlanta (GA), Nashville (TN), Memphis (TN)
- March: New Orleans (LA), Houston (TX), San Antonio (TX), San Diego (CA), Los Angeles (CA), San Francisco (CA)
- April: San Jose (CA), Stockton (CA), Oakland (CA), Portland (OR)
- May: Seattle (WA)
- October: Columbus (OH)
- November: Chicago (IL)
- December: Indianapolis (IN), Grand Rapids (MI), Toledo (OH), Detroit (MI), St Louis (MI), Louisville (KY)