Did you know?
- We have an amazing collection of over 10,000 items dating from the 17th century to today
- Objects include costume, set designs, props, photographs and visual art
- It was begun by Charles Flower in 1879 as part of the original theatre.
You can explore the collection online by visiting:
- 'Spotlight on Our Collection' which features five themed objects every month that relate to a current production
- 'Online resources' to explore the various information databases that are available online.
Our collection brings to life the world of the theatre over 400 years. Stories of often groundbreaking performances remind us of developing stagecraft and the careers of actors such as Judi Dench and David Tennant.
- We have a number of oil paintings and sculpture on display at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in the Swan Bar and the Ruinart Circle Bar. These areas are open to the public free of charge, please click here to find out more.
If you have any enquiries you can write to us at email@example.com.