Sixth form conferences
The Winter's Tale
Wednesday 13 February 2013, 10.30am-5pm
Thursday 24 September 2013, 10.30am-5pm
These conferences are specially created to compliment AS and A-level English and Drama curriculums.
Students will leave the days with greater understanding of the plays in performance, a deep textual study, an understanding of the creative process of actors and directors and an ability to analyse how interpretive choice unlocks new meaning in Shakespeare's plays.
Within a context of the current production, preparation materials will be available before the conference.
On the day students will be able to meet members of the artistic teams, giving them an insight into the choices of the performance they will see in the evening.
There will be a menu of workshops to choose from, so students can tailor the day to their area of study.
Workshops will include:
- A session with experts from Shakespeare's Birthplace Trust on the play's original performance conditions.
- A panel discussion with the RSC artistic teams about their inspiration for the production
- Practical drama sessions with the artistic team
- Textual study of key scenes
- Scene studies: practical demonstrations of the interpretive choices open to actors
- An exploration of the set and design choices for the production.
Cost: £35 (£25 RSC Education Members) - this includes a ticket to the evening performance
How to book for events
Please call the Education Ticket Hotline on 0844 800 1113 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday during term time.