Write Here Write Now with Matilda on stage
To celebrate the launch of Write Here Write Now with Matilda, our free online resource for schools, we set a National Writing Challenge inviting students aged between eight and 13 to create an original script or song to be performed live by the West End cast.
The carefully selected scenes and songs were fully rehearsed by members of the Matilda company before being performed on stage in front of the students and their classmates at the Cambridge Theatre in June.
The eight schools whose work was performed on stage are:
- Appleton Academy, Bradford
- Bitterne Park School, Southampton
- Pates Grammar School, Cheltenham
- Richmond Park Academy, East Sheen, London
- Scorton C of E Primary School, Preston, Lancashire
- St Mary's C of E (aided) Primary School, Horsham, West Sussex
- St Paul with St Luke C of E Primary School, Tower Hamlets, London
- Treorchy Comprehensive School, Treorchy, Mid Glamorgan
Write Here Write Now with Matilda is an interactive website that gives schools insight into the creative process of staging the show, and invites children to create their own scripts and songs.
Watch a video of the company rehearsing the songs
See photos of the event
Photo: Isabella Thomas from St Mary's C of E Primary School, Horsham, receiving her winning medal and certificate from Matilda The Musical's Mrs Phelps (Melanie La Barrie). Photo by Manuel Harlan.