The Marketing Department handles all marketing activity for the new building, RSC productions and events in Stratford-upon-Avon, London, Newcastle upon Tyne and on tour, as well as the marketing for RSC membership, the RSC website and other RSC activities.
About the placement
Joining the RSC Marketing Department for five months, you will learn how the department functions, while at the same time embarking on your own individual project. The project will be tailored to your own individual skills, abilities and ambitions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Take on an individual project
- Find out how a busy producing theatre company handles marketing on a day-to-day basis
- Develop an understanding of the skills required of arts marketing professionals
- Attend selected marketing departmental meetings
- Help the department implement marketing campaigns as needed during the course of the placement - activities may include internet research, stuffing envelopes, helping to promote the RSC at events such as freshers' fairs, data entry and general administration.
We are looking for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in arts marketing.
- Looking for a first step into an arts marketing career
- Looking to build their CV for an arts marketing career (the RSC can act as a reference following your internship)
- An interest in theatre
- Good working knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- A college or university student, or having recently completed study
- Knowledge of social networking and digital media
- The ability and enthusiasm to work independently on individual projects
- An interest and experience of RSC or other theatre productions.
Available placement dates: Autumn / Winter internships run September – January and Spring / Summer internships run March - July
Interview format: Group discussions, Q&A session followed by one to one interviews
Length of placement: Approx 5 months
Working hours: Full day per week 11am – 5pm
Location of placement: Office based - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview before the final selection is made.
Under 18? See our programme for under 18s.