Young Shakespeare Nation
We are inviting all schools to transform their students' experiences of Shakespeare by joining Young Shakespeare Nation.
Schools across the country can join us on an inspirational journey through all Shakespeare's plays over the next six years.
How to get involved
Ways to join Young Shakespeare Nation include:
- Performances streamed free to classrooms: beginning this November with David Tennant in Richard II
- Engaging educational resources: new online resources, ideas and opportunities to support learning will be released as each play opens
- Live theatre experiences: First Encounter touring productions for 8-13 year olds around the UK, and other opportunities to see Shakespeare's plays in performance on tour and in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Online resource bank: videos, images, teachers' packs and more
- Professional development for teachers: including INSET days for teachers delivered at any UK school and intensive courses in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- New School Awards: schools can apply to become a Young Shakespeare Nation School (criteria to be announced in November)
- Events, workshops, seminars and more
The first opportunity for schools to be part of Young Shakespeare Nation is on 15 November, when Richard II, directed by Artistic Director Gregory Doran and with David Tennant in the title role, is streamed live into classrooms across the country.
Watch the animated trailer for Young Shakespeare Nation with the voice of David Tennant.