Did you know that people who are aged 16 to 25 can get tickets to any of our shows for £5? As a member of the RSC Key this is just one of many perks for young people. Membership is free – and we just welcomed our 10,000th RSC Key member.
Hannah Cammock is 21 and from Stratford-upon-Avon. She joined the RSC Key at the end of last year.
She says: 'As a theatre lover I'm thrilled to be the 10,000th member of the RSC Key. I joined the RSC Key because I think it's a great opportunity to introduce more young people to the arts and especially the Royal Shakespeare Company. Personally for myself it is an affordable way to see upcoming performances, and I'm hoping to try and see everything this year.'
The benefits of being a member of the RSC Key
It's completely free to become an RSC Key member if you are aged 16 to 25. £5 tickets can be booked in advance on the phone, online or in person with some available for sale on the day of the performance. The scheme is supported by Project Partner, BP.
Apart from the £5 tickets for every show, there are a whole host of other perks.
When you join the RSC Key you receive a welcome pack from us containing a welcome letter, membership card and a loyalty card. The loyalty card can be stamped at the Box Office every time you see a show. When you see five shows (and get five stamps on your loyalty card), you can see your sixth show for free.
Current discounts include:
• 10% off all food and drink at the RSC restaurants, cafés and bars
• £1 tickets for the Royal Shakespeare Theatre Tower
• 10% off all books at the RSC shop
• Buy one get one free cinema tickets at Stratford Picture House
• 25% off all accommodation at Youth Hostel Stratford-upon-Avon
• 25% off all films at Digital Theatre
• 10% off in store at Aspire Style (in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick and Oxford)
• 2 for 1 entry at Shakespeare's Birthplace, Alton Towers and Warwick Castle
• 10% off at MV Hair (in Stratford-upon-Avon)
• £2 entry at Tudor World Museum
• A discount at Smart Learner driving school.
Meet other theatre lovers
There is a lively RSC Key community. As a member you'll get invitations to exclusive events – most recently a quiz at Stratford-upon-Avon's notorious Dirty Duck pub which more usually plays host to our actors after performances. You can hear about the latest news and speak to each other on the RSC Key Facebook page, on Twitter and at the RSC Key blog.
We look forward to welcoming you to the RSC Key soon.
Find out more about the RSC Key.
Image: Hannah Cammock, our 10,000th RSC Key member receives the key to the RSC