RSC Key scheme launched
17 September 2010
The RSC is for everyone, and we hope this scheme will encourage a new generation to discover the excitement of both live theatre and our transformed theatres
The 'RSC Key' to offer 16-25 year olds a new way to engage with the RSC
On 20 September, the Royal Shakespeare Company launches the RSC Key, a scheme designed to deepen the relationship between the RSC and those aged 16-25.
Building on the RSC's successful initiative of offering £5 theatre tickets to this age group (which has been running since 2004), the RSC Key will also give 16-25 year olds exclusive discounts, including 10% off in restaurants, cafes, bars and shops in the new Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre; half price entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace; 2 for 1 entry at Warwick Castle; and other discounts in a variety of shops.
Those who sign up will also receive invitations to special events, an e-newsletter and access to dedicated RSC Key Facebook and Twitter sites.
The RSC Key scheme was born out of discussions with the RSC's Young People's Forum, who were asked how the RSC could enhance its appeal to younger theatregoers. The Forum was instrumental in developing the scheme's benefits and its logo.
David Collins, Head of RSC Marketing, said: “As the RSC gears up to re-open the doors of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre in November, it seems the perfect time to launch the RSC Key. The RSC is for everyone, and we hope this scheme will encourage a new generation to discover the excitement of both live theatre and our transformed theatres.”
Anyone 16-25 can join the RSC Key at www.rsc.org.uk/key.
For further press information, please contact:
Dean Asker, RSC Press Office, 01789 412660, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
Full list of current benefits and discounts for those who sign up to the RSC Key:
- 10% off all food and drink in the RSC restaurants, cafés and bars in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre
- 10% off all books in the RSC shop
- Buy 1 get 1 free cinema tickets at Stratford-upon-Avon Picturehouse
- 10% off in Aspire Style Stores (Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Solihull, Oxford)
- Half price ticket entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 2 for 1 entry at Warwick Castle
- 10% off cut and blow drys at MV Hair, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 25% off all accommodation at Youth Hostel Stratford-upon-Avon